Chickpea Yogurt Curry
Ingredients: 2 teaspoons of olive oil
2 teaspoons of cumin seeds
1 teaspoon of coriander seeds
5 cardamom pods
2 bay leaves
2 cinnamon sticks
1.5 cups of chopped onion
2 tablespoons of minced ginger
4 cloves of garlic
2 teaspoons of garam masala
1 cup of water
1/2 cup of chopped tomato
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 cans of rinsed and drained chickpeas
1 cup of plain yogurt
1/2 cup of chopped fresh coriander
Instructions: 1. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Combine the first four ingredients, through the cinnamon sticks, and cook them for about 40 seconds.
- Add the onion and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the ginger and the garlic and after 30 seconds or so add the garam masala.
- Pour the water, the tomato, the salt and the chickpeas and bring to a simmer. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the curry from the heat and take away the cinnamon sticks and the bay leaves.
- Add the yogurt and the coriander.
Fruity Yogurt Shake
- Ingredients: 1 cup of frozen cherries
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- 1 cup of pomegranate cherry juice
- 1 can of drained crushed pineapple
- 1 banana Instructions: Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until they become smooth.