- Ingredients: half a cup of low-fat yogurt
- half a cup of fresh blueberries
- 1/4 of a cup of sliced apple
- 1/4 of a cup of sliced banana
- 1/4 of a cup of unsweetened muesli
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- Instructions: Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and enjoy your probiotics breakfast or snack.
Yogurt Crab Cakes
Ingredients: For the crab cakes: 1 cup of fat free yogurt
1/4 of a cup of chopped onion
1/4 of a cup chopped celery
1/4 of a cup chopped red bell peppers
1/4 of a cup chopped parsley
1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons of egg substitute
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 teaspoon of horseradish
1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
a pinch of salt
20 unsalted and finely crushed crackers
1 pound of shelled crab meat
2 teaspoons of olive oil
For the salad: 1/4 cup of rice vinegar
1 teaspoon of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of peanut butter
1/4 teaspoon of mustard
1 clove of garlic
3 cups of salad greens
3 cups of watercress
Instructions: 1. Put a colander into a bowl that is at least 1/3 larger than the colander. Line the colander with few layers of cheesecloth that will extend over the sides. Then put the yogurt in the colander and cover it will clean foil. Refrigerate for 12 hours for the yogurt cheese to be formed in the colander.
- To make the crab cakes, mix the yogurt cheese and all the other crab cakes ingredients through the crackers. Add the crab meat and stir well. Shape 12 equally-sized patties.
- Heat one teaspoon of the olive oil over medium heat and fry the patties in it, about three minutes on both sides.
- To make the salad, combine the ingredients through the garlic. Put the salad greens and the
watercress in a bowl. Drizzle them with the vinaigrette. Serve by arranging first the salad and then the crab cakes on top.