Ingredients: 1 cup of sauerkraut
half a cup of water
2 burrito-size tortillas
half a cup of grated Cheddar cheese
1 juicy apple, peeled and sliced very thinly
Instructions: 1. Put the sauerkraut and the water into a pan and heat them until the liquid evaporates.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and put one tortilla in. Sprinkle half of the grated cheese over one half of the tortilla. Then place the apple slices over the cheese and put half of the sauerkraut on top of it. Then sprinkle the rest of the cheese.
- Fold the tortilla, heat it for a couple of minutes or until the bottom becomes golden and then flip it carefully to brown it on the other side.
- When both quesadillas are ready, cut them into quarters and serve them as an appetizer.
Turkey Kimchi Burgers
Ingredients: 1 pound of lean turkey
3 thinly sliced spring onions
8 teaspoons of Korean red chili paste
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
2 tablespoons of low-fat mayonnaise
4 whole-wheat buns
3-4 sliced small pickled cucumbers
1 cup of kimchi
Instructions: 1. Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Mix the turkey, spring onion, 5 tablespoons of the chili paste and the sesame oil in a bowl. Knead it gently and form four burgers.
- Oil the grill and grill the burgers for 4 minutes on both sides.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the remaining teaspoons of the chili paste in a bowl. Put the burgers on the toasted buns and then top them with the mayonnaise mixture, a few slices of the pickled cucumber and the kimchi.